When you arrive at the Apple Store let one of the store employees know you are there for CocoaHeads and they will let you into the back where you can come up to the second floor briefing room space. If you are having any trouble feel free to call MikeZ’s cell (267-563-0616)
We’ll have pizza and refreshments available. If you can, please bring a few bucks to chip in. Please RSVP via Meetup so we have enough pizza.
For folks who drive in and need parking one lot recommend by the store is from Patriot Parking on Chancellor Street.
- Welcome our new co-organizers! Kotaro and Tom!
- September Hackday Recap
- November Hackday Announcement, Saturday Nov 23rd
- New Employment Exchange page on the site
- New Sponsorship request page.
- More site updates coming!
- Meeting Space for main meeting still up in the air due to capacity issues.
Show and Tell
In addition to being an open mic to demo new apps or code, Show and Tell also invites people to bring problems or design issues they are encountering in current projects for feedback.
Some planned show and tell includes:
- Recap of Apple’s NY Tech Talk — Kotaro Fujita
- Augmented Reality using Vuforia SDK — Kotaro Fujita
- Upgrading InstaCrab for iOS7, UIDynamics — Jose Ibanez
- Inventory Management App Demo — Abraham Vegh
- IBOutlet Collections — Mike Zornek
What’s New in Xcode 5 Testing — Matt Smollinger
An open talk about new unit testing features in Xcode 5, new features in XCTest (and what’s been removed), and an intro to bots and how they function / what their limitations / alternatives are.
PhillyCocoa is a Philadelphia area Mac and iPhone programming group, a chapter of the worldwide CocoaHeads. All skill levels are welcome. The only requirement is an interest in Apple-related technologies and moderate tolerance for geeking out.
The main CocoaHeads group meeting is the second Thursday of every month. We also usually have a hackday one Saturday a month. For more on our events see our Meetup page:
We are always looking for feedback and suggestions on what topics to discuss at our meetings. Please reach out if you have any comments.
Group website: http://phillycocoa.org