This week, the trio finally remembers we passed our 1-year Podiversity before very skillfully transitioning into an in depth conversation on the topic of prototyping! What is it? How does it work? What are the tools and techniques? How is it practiced at a BigCo vs an Indie shop? The conversation is varied and interesting. Please note, this will be the last “regular” episode of 2022, but more content shall flow into your feed in the form of some special, shorter, episodes, so stay subscribed!
- 1 year anniversary…back in October!
- No PickleJar update. On hold due to schedules and holidays.
- What is prototyping?
- UI Transitions
- Degrees of Prototyping
- Wireframing vs Prototyping
- Wireframes are mostly static layouts, may be low fidelity or high
- Prototypes are interactive, often on device
- Traditional Tools vs. SwiftUI
- Traditional tools link static screens together
- WWDC14 - Prototyping: Fake It Till You Make It
- SwiftUI feels more like an actual app in your hands
- Prototyping IRL
- Independent consultant with a client
- Big Co Team
- One-man-band developer
- Advice for New Developers
- Pushing the Boundaries of Prototyping
- Game Jams As Prep For App Prototyping
- Favorite Prototyping Tools & Techniques
- SwiftUI Introspect
- Iterate the prototype and ask “How do I make this better?”
- Persona 5 Transitions In the Metaverse?
- Focus on how it feels
- Screen recording and screenshots for demos
- Don’t be precious with your codeß
Intro music: “When I Hit the Floor”, © 2021 Lorne Behrman. Used with permission of the artist.