How One Boy With Autism Became B.F.F.’s With Apple’s Siri. A really touching reminder that technology can be magical…and Siri isn’t as useless as some of us make her out to be.Read More
Its probably good thing to read the tea leaves here and know Apple is VERY serious about Swift. Also nice to see Drexel on the list of Universities running classes on it. But I’m not biased at allRead More
The next Philly CocoaHeads meeting will be Thursday, October 9th from 6:30pm - 9pm at the Apple Store on 16th and Walnut. After meeting drinks will commence at Nodding Head Brewery located at 1516 Sansom Street.
Please RSVP via Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/PhillyCocoaHeads/
When you arrive at the Apple Store let one of the store employees know you are there for CocoaHeads and they will let you into the back where you can come up to the second floor briefing room space. If you are having any trouble feel free to call MikeZ’s cell (267-563-0616).
For folks who drive in and need parking one lot recommend by the store is from Patriot Parking on Chancellor Street.
- Next “Side Project Saturday” is Saturday, October 18th @ IndyHall
- Last call for CocoaLove Tickets. Sale ends October 15th! CocoaLove.org
- CocoaLove, October 24th-26th — See you there! (Videos will be forthcoming.)
- Workshop: Designing & Planning Your iOS App, Saturday Nov 8th. Sold out; use wait list.
We continue to welcome Twilio who is our current long term sponsor of Philly CocoaHeads. Their support helps us provide pizza and refreshments at our main meetings.
Twilio is a software and cloud-based communications platform that enables the rapid build and deploy of powerful, flexible business communications solutions.
For more info check out their website and if you have any question please contact Brent Schooley email@example.com.
Show and Tell
- Jose Ibanez - Swift Lessons Learned from InstaCrab 3.0
- Amit Rao — Touch ID in iOS 8 and it’s use in the Mint app.
- Kotaro Fujita — HealthKit is one of those subversive technologies that could be Apple’s backdoor to the healthcare business. Kotaro will demonstrate the basics of querying the HealthKit database for BMI data and update the data back.
- SuperMighty’s TheMighty.IO - an SDK for game makers that effortlessly transforms in-app purchases into products for social impact. John “Bueno” McCartney will give an introduction to the brand new Philadelphia-based startup, a technical overview of our ‘gaming for good’ SDK for mobile games, and an opportunity to participate in our private beta.
Jose Ibanez — Using NSURLSession to Run Background Downloads
Jose recently rewrote the download engine in the Xfinity TV app and learned a ton about the NSURLSession API in the process. Come learn how background downloads work and best to take advantage.
PhillyCocoa is the Philadelphia area Mac and iPhone programming group, a chapter of the worldwide CocoaHeads. All skill levels are welcome. The only requirement is an interest in Apple-related technologies and moderate tolerance for geeking out.
The main CocoaHeads presentation-style meeting is the second Thursday of every month. We also hold a Side Project Saturday event the last Saturday of the month. For more on our events see our Meetup page:
We are always looking for feedback and suggestions on what topics to discuss at our meetings. Please reach out if you have any comments.
Group website: http://phillycocoa.orgRead More
A lot of recent stories to about the Apple Watch seems to come from outside the tech news community. Watch and fashion bloggers now are taking a more focused look into the company.Read More
Another interesting take on the Apple Watch from a watch blogger.Read More